October is here! October is here!
Goodbye summer tourists.
Goodbye 3 o’clock rain showers.
Goodbye 100 degree feeling weather.
I hope you are excited for this month, because I sure am! It’s one of my favorites! All the fun and amazing weather is upon us.
This is my top 7 list of things you should check out / do this October:
- Halloween Horror Nights: It’s a must, I really insist so. If you’ve never been, I am going to insist it even more! I’ve already been a couple of times and you can find my review here. TIP: A large group of friends helps you “feel” safer at least, I can’t guarantee it will work though!
- Carve a Pumpkin: Okay, it sounds kind of kid-ish. But if you find yourself with some free time I suggest you run to the store and pick up a pumpkin. There are tons of different patterns you can find online. Check out Zombie Pumpkin and Martha Stewert just to give you a couple of ideas. A Google search can suffice if you are looking for something specific.
- Dress Up!: Again, not something that everyone likes to do, or even does. But it can be a lot of fun. I like to do it. Whether you are going to a party or heading downtown for the Halloween weekend you need a good costume. You can throw a couple of things together you have in the back of the closet, go thrift store shopping, or ditch the hassel and just buy your costume.
- Horror Movie Marathon: What better to do late at nights than catch horror movies? Do you reach for the classics? Do you like newer movies? Will they make ANOTHER Saw? Or you could even grab a group of friends and do trivia on horror movies. Anyone know what happened on Elm Street?
- See Rocky Horror Picture Show in a theater: Speaking of movies, if you’ve never seen this movie run out rent it first. Note: The movie is rated R for a REASON! It is a live interactive performance of the movie. I’ve been a couple of times, and I’ve loved it every time. They do it twice a month every month usually and it is always at the theaters in Universal Citywalk. Also Near Halloween they always do a special show. For calendar and even more details including FAQ check out the Rich Weirdos website.
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival: Always a fall staple. Food and drinks around the world with a couple of friends is NEVER a bad idea! All of the dishes are sample sized, but run less than $6 a plate. The drinks run about $5-$11 bucks depending on sizes. I find the drinking part a little expensive, so I tend to lean towards the food part. They also have a concert series that takes place during the festival with bands like Starship, Boyz II Men, and Hanson all coming out to Epcot. Look out for my reviews coming soon.
- Eat your Favorite Candy: Who cares, try every candy till you find a new one that you like! I think this one might go hand in hand with #6. But whether you are craving Sixlets or you haven’t had Razzles since the 80s go ahead and eat it. You can also dig through a younger family members Halloween night stash to try something out. I won’t tell anyone! =P
Hope you get a chance to try out some of these things, I know I will be doing them!
What other things do you guys like to do during the month of October??